Too many often we see volunteers having the feeling they are only important when it comes to fundraising events or community projects. Important to get the job done and to be called in for the next project. A feeling you don't want to leave behind a legacy of your organization.
The Brighter Day was founded in 2008 and is effectively running since 2012. We invested 4 years in setting up the foundation. We have 8 dedicated workers (volunteers - target 12) and had over 50+ volunteers helping out during our projects. Those are the people who have invested their time and heart felled passion to work for and with us. Our youngest volunteer is 9 years old and has been given the opportunity to grow her own fundraising project in the company.
At the Brighter Day foundation, we want to make a difference in how we work with our workers and volunteers. At the beginning of every year, it's important for the BDF to train her staff in every area possible and appreciate them for their hard work.
Training your team is important because of the following reasons:
- Investing in your workers, having a genuine interest in their developing skill and provides zeal to work with the foundation.
- Guiding your workers in their journey helps them to become an effective volunteer to effectively run a department or task given.
- Finding time to get to know them personally makes way know them for who they really are.
- It gives you the opportunity to appreciate them for their workmanship & time invested
- Provides the knowledge and skills that they need
- Creates opportunities for them to impact their personal life & community
- Be transparent about the workflow of the foundation